Auditions and Submissions
Phoenix Theatre operates under the Small Professional Theatre audition guidelines set by Actors' Equity Association. Please see the Casting Call (Indianapolis) section of www.actorsequity.org for current audition notices.
Phoenix Theatre is a growing non-profit organization located in Indianapolis, IN. The Advancement Director is a member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for developing, managing, and administering Phoenix Theatre’s fund development and public relations/marketing plan. With the support of the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors, the Advancement Director will implement a multi-level advancement plan that will include donor development, planned giving, special events, direct mail efforts, communications (playbills, social media, website, and newsletters), program/production sponsorships, and public relations. The Advancement Director will be supported by the Advancement Committee and report at monthly Board of Directors’ meetings. The Advancement Director must think strategically and practically to implement comprehensive and results-oriented development and marketing plans that include both traditional and innovative strategies. The Advancement Director’s mission is to broaden and deepen developed income for the Phoenix Theatre through annual, capital, corporate, foundation, government, and individual campaigns and through special events.
· Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters
· Minimum of 5-7+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising
· Excellent leadership skills including at least 5 years of previous experience successfully managing annual and capital funds
· Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment and meet deadlines
· Working knowledge of development and marketing best practices, current trends, fundraising tools and technology, digital campaigns, and donor research
· Extreme discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence
· Ability to work cooperatively with different personalities and individuals of diverse racial/economic/cultural backgrounds
· Superior oral and written communications skills; experienced public speaker, English language, grammar, composition, business correspondence formats, and telephone etiquette
· Deep appreciation and understanding of Phoenix Theatre’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally
· Promote a strong case of need for philanthropy and build opportunities to create and sustain a culture that understands the relationship between philanthropy, arts, and the Theatre
· Excellent relationship building skills
Development Duties and Responsibilities
· Identify, cultivate, pursue, and retain major donor and contributor support and effectively move through a meaningful cycle of giving
· Assist the leadership team and board to maintain strong relationships with current foundation, major and individual givers, and all donor stewardship
· Strategize and implement efforts to secure new donors and untapped revenue resources
· Draft annual and special appeals to build giving base
· Oversee Legacy Circle planned giving program
· Assist with the management of capital campaign and growth of the endowment
· Assist Events Committee with all fundraising events and the annual gala
· Receive, acknowledge, and track all donor contributions, pledges, in-kind donations
· Maintain donor signage and update interior donor naming walls annually
· Maintain robust donor profiles, updated mailing lists, donor lists and prospects
· Oversee the donor appreciation membership program, recognition, and all donor events
· Oversee all grant reports, research, proposals and grant prospects
· Oversee all development and marketing budget planning, forecasts and meet or exceed financial goals
· Attend theatre and community events and activities to foster significant pride and excitement for fundraising efforts and broaden Theatre’s outreach and visibility
Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee the design, implementation and management of annual and capital campaign communication strategy and deliverables
· Oversee implementation and management of Theatre’s PR, outreach, media, and marketing campaigns
· Oversee the design and production of weekly e-blasts, social media, and website
· Oversee playbill or production programs
· Recruit production and program sponsors and oversee all sponsorship deliverables
· Oversee design of exterior building banners and signage
· Manage all Theatre branding, collateral, and interior signage
· Market all ticket sales and successfully meet or exceed budgeted revenue targets
· Schedule reviewers to see and review Theatre’s productions
· Implement monthly press releases
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the senior leadership team and Board of Directors
Physical and Mental Requirements
· Lifting & moving: Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. for bulk mailing, printing, and supplies
· Vision: Required to read and produce written documents, pull reports from the computer.
· Use of automobile is occasionally required
· Hearing: Required to hear telephone and office equipment, communicate with staff and public by telephone and in person
· Speaking: Required to enunciate and relay information in person and via telephone
· Agility & dexterity: Physical dexterity to write, input and retrieve data from computer, and operate office equipment daily (computer, fax, calculator, telephone, copy machine)
· Mental: Ability to read, produce, comprehend and analyze data daily.
Supports: Marketing and Annual & Capital Fundraising
Position Classification: Full Time
Compensation: negotiable, DOE
· Insurance: medical, dental, vision, and life
· PTO, vacation, and 9 paid holidays
Application Deadline: Saturday, August 31, 2019
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to General Manager, Delia Robertson: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or in-person visits, please.
Phoenix Theatre is seeking a responsible and enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Facilities Coordinator. The Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing the beautiful 21,000 sq.ft. Phoenix Theatre Cultural Centre. The Facilities Coordinator reports to the General Manager.
In our 36th season, Phoenix Theatre exists to challenge the mind, touch the heart, and inspire the human spirit and is devoted to new and contemporary works. We believe our city deserves to be emotionally and intellectually engaged, and that a diversity of voices and viewpoints is vital to a more enlightened and vibrant community.
· Oversee maintenance and upkeep of 21,000 sq. ft. Cultural Centre that includes offices, classrooms, kitchen, public areas, and two (2) performance areas
· Work with Administrators and specific staff to coordinate room assignments and needs for rehearsals, meetings, rental events, performances, etc.
· Maintain the facilities calendar which shows building occupancy and duration for every room in the building
· Distribute and maintain door keys, electronic fobs, and parking passes for building staff and extended staff
· Maintain keys specific to the building i.e. outdoor water spigots, bathroom equipment, etc.
· Maintain the outer grounds. Tasks include daily policing of the surroundings for trash, lawn care, vandalism removal, parking lot maintenance, etc.
· Maintain cleanliness in building throughout the week
· Set and oversee the setting and resetting of all public spaces
· Point of contact for contractors that work on the building. Examples may include plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and weekend custodian
· Repair and maintain small damages to the building
· As time and budget permit, work on the upgrading of the Phoenix Theatre Cultural Centre
· Attend any and all relevant meetings including Building Staff meetings, Rental meetings, etc.
· Coordinate with local police and fire to maintain building safety, security and code requirements
· Maintain an emergency plan for the building that includes fire, inclement weather, active shooter, etc.
· Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and all industry codes.
· Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Competencies
Three (3)+ years experience in operations, building services, janitorial, facilities, distribution, and/or manufacturing is desired but not required
Must possess strong ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with multiple vendors and clients
Must possess strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft office
Ability to quickly change goals and direction
Knowledge of safety standards and practices
Familiarization with budgeting
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff with professionalism
Ability to pass a national criminal background check as well as eligibility to work in the US
Ability to stand for several hours at a time
Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 pounds
Ability to read and understand technical and non-technical documents that relate to the repair and maintenance of the building, grounds, machinery and equipment
Ability to speak and read English
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
Two (2) years of facilities management experience
Bilingual (English / Spanish) a plus
Carpentry or scenic painting experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits
· Full time, salaried position beginning at $34,000, DOE
· Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Paid time off, vacation, and paid holidays
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to General Manager, Delia Robertson: email@example.com. No calls or in-person visits, please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.